- Arsenal have ‘chance’ to sign Newcastle ace Alexander Isak
- Arsenal and Liverpool eye Wolfsburg’s Mohamed Amoura
- Arsenal plot surprise swoop to sign PL flop Antony
- Arsenal and Liverpool compete for Eberechi Eze
- Arsenal battling with PL rivals to sign Joao Gomes
- Arsenal in ‘pole position’ to sign Wolves ace Matheus Cunha
- Arsenal eye Dusan Vlahovic as striker plans summer move
- Arsenal and Chelsea set sights on Barcelona Midfielder
- Arsenal make contact to sign Frankfurt star Hugo Larsson
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Fulham: Saka returns but Martinelli shines
‘Infuriated’ Arsenal Ace ‘Tells Friends’ He’s Leaving This Summer
Bacary Sagna is set to leave Arsenal this summer after telling friends he won’t be signing a new contract at the Emirates, according to newspaper reports.
Sagna’s current deal runs out in June and despite holding several rounds of talks with his representatives, we’ve been unable to reach an agreement over an extension.
So far we’ve offered a two-year deal with a slight increase on his £60,000-a-week wage, but the 31-year-old is understood to be holding out for a three-year deal worth nearer £100,000-a-week.
Arsene Wenger confirmed on Friday that we’ve made our final offer and are waiting for Sagna’s people to get back to us, but the Daily Mail claim the Frenchman has already made up his mind after supposedly telling friends he won’t be signing a new deal, and will therefore be leaving this summer.
The right-back is believed to be ‘infuriated’ that his loyalty hasn’t been sufficiently rewarded by the club as he’s turned down several lucrative moves away in recent years.
Despite now being the wrong side of 30, Sagna isn’t short of offers with the likes of Galatasaray, Inter Milan, Monaco, PSG and Fenerbache all ready to offer him big-money deals at the end of the season.
I’m not too sure how the Daily Mail have found out exactly what Sagna has told his close friends, so I’d take that with a pinch of salt, but the closer it gets to the summer the more it looks like he’s leaving.
If he does end up going Arsene is going to have a huge void to fill in defence. Southampton’s Calum Chambers and Everton’s Seamus Coleman have both been linked in recent months. Coleman would be the clear choice but will likely cost in excess of £20m, whereas Chambers would be cheaper but is far less experienced and would therefore be more of a risk.
Related Posts
Latest News
-
Arsenal have ‘chance’ to sign Newcastle ace Alexander Isak
Ex-defender Sol Campbell has said that Arsenal have a ‘chance’...
- Posted April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal and Liverpool eye Wolfsburg’s Mohamed Amoura
Arsenal are in the market for new signings as they...
- Posted April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal plot surprise swoop to sign PL flop Antony
Arsenal are reportedly planning to make a surprise swoop to...
- Posted April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal and Liverpool compete for Eberechi Eze
Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Crystal Palace and England...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal battling with PL rivals to sign Joao Gomes
Arsenal are reportedly in a battle with Premier League rivals...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal in ‘pole position’ to sign Wolves ace Matheus Cunha
Arsenal are reportedly leading the chase to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal eye Dusan Vlahovic as striker plans summer move
Arsenal are once again considering signing Dusan Vlahovic from Juventus...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
Latest News
-
Arsenal have ‘chance’ to sign Newcastle ace Alexander Isak
Ex-defender Sol Campbell has said that Arsenal have a...
- April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal and Liverpool eye Wolfsburg’s Mohamed Amoura
Arsenal are in the market for new signings as...
- April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal plot surprise swoop to sign PL flop Antony
Arsenal are reportedly planning to make a surprise swoop...
- April 4, 2025
- 0
15 Comments