- Arsenal and Liverpool compete for Eberechi Eze
- Arsenal battling with PL rivals to sign Joao Gomes
- Arsenal in ‘pole position’ to sign Wolves ace Matheus Cunha
- Arsenal eye Dusan Vlahovic as striker plans summer move
- Arsenal and Chelsea set sights on Barcelona Midfielder
- Arsenal make contact to sign Frankfurt star Hugo Larsson
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Fulham: Saka returns but Martinelli shines
- Arsenal hold ‘concrete talks’ to sign Bayern star Leroy Sane
- Arsenal predicted team against Fulham
- Arsenal working on new deal for Bukayo Saka
Arsene Wenger Confirms Midfielder Return But Duo Still 3 Weeks Away
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Tomas Rosicky should be available to face Newcastle but Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Debuchy are still three weeks away from full fitness.
Rosicky has missed the last three games through illness but speaking to reporters at his pre-match press conference this morning, the boss says the Czech midfielder could be back in contention for the trip to St James’ Park on Saturday.
As we reported, Arteta and Debuchy returned to light training last week. The skipper has been out for over three months due to a troublesome calf injury but he’s finally on the road to recovery.
Debuchy has endured an injury-plagued first season at the club and after missing the first half of the campaign with an ankle injury, he was forced on the sidelines again in early January after dislocating his shoulder.
However, the defender is also closing in on making his comeback but Arsene has claimed that he and Arteta will need at least three more weeks training before they’ll be in contention for a first team place.
Here’s what Wenger told reporters this morning:
TEAM NEWS: Rosicky could be available, @m8arteta and @MatDebuchy will be out for at least three more weeks #NUFCvAFC pic.twitter.com/DLDyDqRKtR
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) March 19, 2015