- Arsenal have ‘chance’ to sign Newcastle ace Alexander Isak
- Arsenal and Liverpool eye Wolfsburg’s Mohamed Amoura
- Arsenal plot surprise swoop to sign PL flop Antony
- Arsenal and Liverpool compete for Eberechi Eze
- Arsenal battling with PL rivals to sign Joao Gomes
- Arsenal in ‘pole position’ to sign Wolves ace Matheus Cunha
- Arsenal eye Dusan Vlahovic as striker plans summer move
- Arsenal and Chelsea set sights on Barcelona Midfielder
- Arsenal make contact to sign Frankfurt star Hugo Larsson
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Fulham: Saka returns but Martinelli shines
Arsenal Eyeing Double Swoop For Spanish Duo, Bid Set To Go In
- Tweet
-
- Pin It
According to reports, Arsenal are eyeing up a double swoop on Barcelona for Pedro Rodriguez and Martin Montoya with a bid expected to be tabled in the coming weeks.
Pedro has failed to hold down a regular first team spot in Luis Enrique’s side this season and the 27-year-old has already confirmed he’ll seek talks with Barca officials to discuss his future.
With the Spanish international set to enter the final year of his deal at the Nou Camp, the Catalans are expected to cash-in this summer with the Telegraph claiming earlier this month that Barca officials have been touting the attacker to Premier League clubs.
Arsenal were reportedly one of the clubs contacted and it looks like we’re ready to formalise our interest as the Metro claim that we’re expected to lodge a firm offer over the coming weeks.
That move will supposedly be part of a double swoop on Barcelona as the newspaper claims that we’re also keen on signing unsettled right-back Martin Montoya.
The 24-year-old has also struggled for game-time in recent seasons and speculation suggests he’s ready for a new challenge, and it appears we’re ready to give it to him.
So what to make of this reports?
Well our interest in Pedro is long-standing so it comes as no surprise to read that we’re lining-up a bid, but I only think Arsene will press ahead with any move if Theo Walcott refuses to sign a new contract.
The Montoya rumour is a little more surprising as we already have Bellerin and Debuchy at right-back, so I don’t see the boss strengthening that area this summer.
Plus, with Dani Alves’ future uncertain, Barca will be short at right-back if they also let Montoya leave and let’s not forget they can’t register any new players until January 2016, so I don’t think this deal has any chance of happening.
Related Posts
Latest News
-
Arsenal have ‘chance’ to sign Newcastle ace Alexander Isak
Ex-defender Sol Campbell has said that Arsenal have a ‘chance’...
- Posted April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal and Liverpool eye Wolfsburg’s Mohamed Amoura
Arsenal are in the market for new signings as they...
- Posted April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal plot surprise swoop to sign PL flop Antony
Arsenal are reportedly planning to make a surprise swoop to...
- Posted April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal and Liverpool compete for Eberechi Eze
Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Crystal Palace and England...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal battling with PL rivals to sign Joao Gomes
Arsenal are reportedly in a battle with Premier League rivals...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal in ‘pole position’ to sign Wolves ace Matheus Cunha
Arsenal are reportedly leading the chase to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal eye Dusan Vlahovic as striker plans summer move
Arsenal are once again considering signing Dusan Vlahovic from Juventus...
- Posted April 3, 2025
- 0
Latest News
-
Arsenal have ‘chance’ to sign Newcastle ace Alexander Isak
Ex-defender Sol Campbell has said that Arsenal have a...
- April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal and Liverpool eye Wolfsburg’s Mohamed Amoura
Arsenal are in the market for new signings as...
- April 4, 2025
- 0
-
Arsenal plot surprise swoop to sign PL flop Antony
Arsenal are reportedly planning to make a surprise swoop...
- April 4, 2025
- 0